Improvements at FCC
A busy period over the half term has seen a raft of improvements to the centre.
- New improved outdoor bushcraft classroom has been built and roofed with a parachute.
- Log seating and a parachute canopy has been put up in our Earth Art area.
- Tree Climb activity has been completed
- The Games Room has had a colourful facelift with loads of extra activities including Swing ball, Connect 4, Jumbo Jenga, Table Hockey
- Our super popular tree swing has been worn out and replaced! And another, second swing added to the playing field.
Works in the forest have seen a big conservation effort around the ‘Magic Tree’ with 46 tonnes of wood removed to allow the old veteran beech trees space to ‘breath’ and get more light in. A team of 14 Oxford Sandy-Black rare breed pigs have moved in to clear the brambles and nettles from the newly felled areas.
The centre is attracting far more self sufficient and self catered groups using both the centre and the cottages for meetings, residential or just as a get- away with friends.
A big recruitment drive sees 3 new staff starting in the next few weeks with new skills and activities to share!