ITC First Aid
We are now offering with our partners – Stepping Outdoors, the ITC Outdoor First Aid (16hr) which is great for outdoor learning practitioners and those working in an outdoor environment.
Course cost is £130 which includes the registration fees and lunch both days. We will also be running the 1 day Emergency FA (£75) and 3 day FAW (£195) later in the year with Stepping Outdoors.
Based at the centre on:
26th and 27th Jan 2016
22nd and 23rd Mar 2016
10th and 11th May 2016
This course is suitable for all Outdoor National Governing Bodies in the UK and Forest School Practitioners. Whether you work in the outdoor industry, of simply enjoy taking part in outdoor activities in your leisure time this is the course for you.
This course has 16 hours contact time.
The course covers:
- Vital signs
- Airway management
- Breathing problems
- Circulation problems
- Treatment of injury such as head, spine, chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg and arm, including remote improvised techniques
- Recognition and treatment of hypothermia, hyperthermia, cold injuries, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, anaphylaxis, weils disease and lyme disease etc
- Incident management with a systematic approach.
- Casualty monitoring
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and drowning
- Awareness of current regulations
- Safe best practice
This is a practical and active and hopefully fun course, participants should expect to be spending some time outside putting their first aid skill to use in an outdoor environment.
Book with the Frank Chapman Centre or with Stepping Outdoors at email@example.com